Internships are on-job-training methods based on both paid and non-paid programs. An internship program is aimed to provide real-time exposure to college students who are pursuing a bachelor’s degree. Internships offer opportunity to the students to gain first-hand experience of their respective area of field.
With a hands-on work-experience, students are more likely to be employed in their targeted industries. In fact, many organizations prefer the interns who are trained under their staff and induct them when they complete their studies.
However, it is equally important that your internship does not interfere with your degree program. Oftentimes, students become so involved in their internship and college activities that they lose control of their life. This in turn results in strained performance at the workplace and poor grades in the examinations. As they say, “A balanced life is key for success”, it is extremely important for students to have a balance in life to succeed in both areas. Follow these 5 friendly tips to ensure that you can give your 100% both as an intern and student:
1. Set Your Priorities: Before you embark on the journey of your internship program, it is important that you make your choices for future. By setting your preferences earlier, you establish that what things you should focus in the coming days. In this way, you will put your energies on crucial matters and compromise on things that are not that important. For example, you would want to cut off your extra days for music classes and rather give that time to your studies or internship.
2. Plan for Future: Planning is the next important part when it comes to start an internship program. You need to work out the daily routine for your future events. Schedule your dates and time for day to day tasks related with your internship and course and make sure that they do not clash with each other. Make a planner for the other important events of your life that include your upcoming social engagements, family events or outdoor visits.
3. Establish a Balance In Life: Make certain that your life and health are in good order. Give yourself enough mental space to manage other important things of your life that include your well being and relationships. There is no point of putting in so much efforts at the cost of your happiness. You cannot enjoy an aspiring career without the love of your family or the pleasure of your health. Do not take the whole affair too seriously and remain happy and focused.
4. Take Regular Breaks: Too much of anything can be strenuous and have negative effects on your mood. To boost your energies during your internship and studies, you need to take the regular doses of motivation. Do your most favorite activates on daily basis that can keep you motivated for the day. A yoga session with your partner or coffee break with your friends is sufficient to keep your mood high throughout the day.
5. Get Connected: Technology has redefined our daily life and made us more efficient in terms of communication and accessibility. So if you have constant issues with the date clashes between your internship and course, you need to be more active on cyber space.
With the arrival of cloud-based technology and new media, you are no longer inaccessible with your work and projects. Just download the friendly apps in your smartphone and control both your training and classes in the most suitable way.